Photo left: Eddie Hartley, Fulham Tower Captain, striking the tenor during the Blessing service by the Bishop of London on 2nd February 2014.
Photo centre: The wonderful cake made especially for the day!
Photo right: One very happy Vicar with one of the decorated bells!
The Association has a Bell Restoration Fund (BRF) administered by the BRF Treasurer to ‘provide financial assistance to churches in and around the county of Middlesex and the Diocese of London for the purpose of restoring or improving their bell installations’.
Per member we believe that our Association ranks among the highest grant awarding ringing associations. To date the total of grants awarded is approaching £300,000. Examples of recent grant awards are:
- Kilburn St Mary – £20k towards installing new ring of six;
- Ealing Christ the Saviour – £15k towards the re-hanging of existing ring of eight bells in existing frame with all new fittings;
- Fulham – £15k towards re-hanging of existing ring of ten bells in new frame with all new fittings.
Money is raised for the BRF through Open Days, District events, raffles, ‘Janet & John Jaunts’, donations and legacies; but we always need more!
How can you help the BRF?
- Join the 200 Club click here – donate and have a chance of winning monthly cash prizes
- Direct giving – hassle free and the most tax efficient way to donate. Contact the BRF Treasurer (Sarah Taylor – firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
If you are a UK taxpayer then your gift can be increased, by us reclaiming tax on your behalf using the gift aid scheme. Please download, print and complete this form to allow us to do this for you.
How can you apply for a grant?
Please download,and complete the ‘BRF Grant Application Form’ and send it to the General Secretary (Stephen Mitchell: email@example.com). The BRF is administered by the Bell Restoration Committee which meets twice a year (usually March and October) at which applications for grants are reviewed.
Assistance in completing the application form is available from the BRC District Representatives:
- North & East: Michael Royalton-Kisch & Martin Sutcliffe
- South & West: Ray Pearce & John Barrance
You can also contact the Bell Restoration Officer (Stephen Jakeman – Stephen.Jakeman@BTopenworld.com).